Well it has certainly been quite an interesting summer, in fact, I once again have plenty of material for any back-to-school “what you did this summer” essays I’m posed to write. I don’t think I’ve ever had a more fulfilling summer since childhood. So here’s a little of what I did.
- I turned 26. Enough said.
- I started a summer job in Columbus. I got to teach high school students how to build websites and in the process, I watched them grow and learn and it was awesome. I saw them turn into responsible young women and children and I thank God for putting me there, I could not have imagined being anywhere else.
- I started the process for joining the Navy. I have good intentions on joining and unless God tells me otherwise, I’ll be shipping out to Road Island in the next couple of months. Exciting right?
- Cedar Point. Goose and I spent the day up at the greatest theme park in the nation. We had a fast pass so we got to skip every line ever and it was awesome. And as much as I hate roller coasters, I became quite friendly with a few of them.
- Ryan came up and visited. Its always nice having him around.
- Camp. FYC 2014 happened. I am always looking forward to camp. Its such a great time and I loo forward to it every year. I was working this year, but I still made time for some of my oldest friends. I enjoy spending time and being an impact on the youth. God has called us to do great things with that camp and I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us next year.
- Mini golf…enough said.
- Day trip to West Virginia
On top of all that, I watched some incredible movies some of which I highly recommend**.
The Way Way Back**
The Kings of Summer**
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Life of Pi
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty**
The Fault in Our Stars